Privacy & Return Policy(last update: January 2012)
Information We Gather
Registration and log in is not required on most Solid Rock sites (excluding Solid Rock Online), but the following information may be collected from our website depending on the services:
- In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
- Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
- Personal and Credit Card information for online Donations or updating your personal information.
- Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored.
- If an email option is used to opt-in by the user to receive information from Solid Rock a opt-out option will also be included.
- We use the information to enhance your visitor experience, and provide enhanced feedback and support when requests for help are made.
Protection of Personal Information
Solid Rock takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Solid Rock uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where financial information is collected. When making donations to Solid Rock or purchasing any products sold through our websites, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some Solid Rock services or applications or post on a Solid Rock forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances.
Do We Share Your Information?
Email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties. Non-personal user, and traffic data is accessible to the web teams working to improve the site experiences. Any data collected during the giving process is accessible by the financial teams for record keeping.
Our Security Measures
To safeguard your personal information and protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data, we implement SSL security where ever personal information is input such as giving pages, and we do not store local data on our machines related to credit card numbers or personal identification numbers. Access to any data is only granted to those personnel, staff, and contractors that are either directly involved in using the required data or using it to improve our sites. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Our Return Policy
While it is not the practice of Solid Rock Church to return gifts once they are made, we do acknowledge instances in which a gift is made in error. Common examples include: making duplicate gifts within a short time period, and entering the wrong amount. For more information or to inquire about a refund, please contact us at email@example.com.